Tutoring Services is looking for students who:
- Are professional, patient, and personable
- Are currently enrolled KU students carrying six credit hours or more
- Have a strong desire and enthusiasm to help students learn
- Scored a B or higher in the course selected to tutor (or in a higher level course in the same discipline)
- Are able to commit to AT LEAST 5.0 hours per week for an entire semester
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Have internet access and be able to participate in the tutor group meetings remotely via Zoom video chat
How to Apply
To Apply to be a Tutor
Complete and submit the following application materials:
1. Online Application
The online job application can be found on the KU Jobs for Students page. Search by keyword "ALC Tutor". Read the job description and click on the textbox "Apply to job." Login with your ID and password. Then, complete and submit your application materials online.
2. Supplemental Application.
All applicants must also complete our Supplemental Application.
3. Faculty/Instructor Reference Form
One completed Faculty/Instructor Reference Form needs to be submitted. We highly recommend that applicants go and speak to their potential references in-person. While a reference may be submitted through email attachment, faculty/instructors are encouraged to complete the Online Reference Form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact ALC Tutoring Services at 785-864-7733 or send an email to email@example.com.
While we are always hiring tutors for chemistry, math, and physics, students interested in tutoring any courses at KU are strongly encouraged to apply!