One-on-one help is available in creating a time schedule that works for your lifestyle, establishing successful study skills, and helping you succeed at KU. You, the student, can schedule an in-person or an online appointment with professional staff.
Scheduling an Academic Coaching
The first available week for Academic Coaching for the Fall 2023 semester will begin in week 3 of classes after Labor Day starting on Tuesday, September 5th.
- Go to Jayhawk GPS or the Navigate app on your phone, and log in with your KU single sign-on.
- Click "+" (the plus sign) on the top right of the page.
- Click "Schedule Appointment."
- For the "What type of appointment are you interested in? (i.e., Advising or Other Support)" drop down, click "Learning Support Services."
- For the "Which of the following topics best describes your need?" drop down, click "Academic Coaching."
- Pick the date you would like to meet with a staff member. Available dates and times will pop up. Click on the date/time you want.
- Choose the way you would like to meet: in-person or virtual.
- In the "Would you like to share anything else?" area, type the specific topics you want to talk about in the appointment.
- Press the "Schedule" button. You will receive a confirmation email with the date, time, and location.
If you have any immediate questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Coaching FAQs
Any student enrolled in classes at KU is eligible for Academic Coaching with the Academic Learning Center Staff. Undergraduate and graduate students can take advantage of this resource.
Academic Coaching are one-on-one sessions to help you succeed at KU. We can help you with time management, establishing successful study skills, preparing for tests or exams, developing strategies for reducing stress, or with other concerns you might have related to your success.
You can meet with one of the Academic Learning Center staff members in-person in Anschutz Library, or online via Zoom. You can indicate your preference on the request form above.
Students are able to make up to four appointments per semester, in consultation with the Academic Learning Center staff.